Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Linczak, Jonathan W." <Li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/11/05 10:04:18 UTC

Strange behavior with $root parameter and links

Hi all,

I'm up trying to move over to the new server and everything is going great except for one thing which I can't seem to track down in Lenya 1.2.1 - wherever I use the full path to the publication I am in in a link, for some reason, the link disappears.  I can't seem to narrow it down to a particular problem, and all I did was copy and paste the pipelines from the old server (and old Lenya version) to the new server (with Lenya 1.2.1) into publication-sitemap.xmap (triple-checked this), as well as the XSLT files.  It worked on the old version - am I missing something, or could this be a bug?  I can use the $root parameter elsewhere and it works, except for when it's a link to the publication I'm in, but when I remove the $root parameter and put in the full path name, it does the same thing.

Jon

Re: Strange behavior with $root parameter and links

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Linczak, Jonathan W. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm up trying to move over to the new server and everything is going
> great except for one thing which I can't seem to track down in Lenya
> 1.2.1 - wherever I use the full path to the publication I am in in a
> link, for some reason, the link disappears.  I can't seem to narrow it
> down to a particular problem, and all I did was copy and paste the
> pipelines from the old server (and old Lenya version) to the new server
> (with Lenya 1.2.1) into publication-sitemap.xmap (triple-checked this),
> as well as the XSLT files.  It worked on the old version - am I missing
> something, or could this be a bug?  I can use the $root parameter
> elsewhere and it works, except for when it's a link to the publication
> I'm in, but when I remove the $root parameter and put in the full path
> name, it does the same thing.

It could be due to changes to the LinkRewritingTransformer.
Maybe you'd like to look at the code to find out how your
publication is affected.

-- Andreas