Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Volker Bublitz <vb...@imatics.de> on 2005/04/22 15:55:42 UTC

xsp and < symbol problem

hi.

is it possible to use xsp to generate several sql-statements which can
be transformed with the sql-transformer?

example

<xsp:logic>
private String writeSQLOutput() {
       StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("");
       String[] id = request.getParameterValues("ids");
       if(id!=null) {
         for(int i=0;i &lt; id.length;i++) {
           sb.append("<sql:execute-query
xmlns:sql=\"http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0\">");
           sb.append("<sql:query
xmlns:sql=\"http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0\">");
           sb.append("INSERT INTO cmdb2customer (cmdb_id,customer_id)
VALUES "+ id[i] + ", 5");
           sb.append("</sql:query>");
           sb.append("</sql:execute-query>");
         }
       }
       return sb.toString();
     }
   </xsp:logic>
<content>
	<xsp:expr>writeSQLOutput()</xsp:expr>
</content>

<xsp:page>

my problem is, that this leads to an error (Open quote is expected for
attribute "xmlns:sql" associated with an element type "sql:query")

second problem is, if i change

<

&#60;

or to

&lt;

  or to

<![CDATA[<]]>

the output that is generated contains &lt; instead of the character "<".

if anyone here knows how can i write the "<"-character out of a String
that could probably help.... other ideas are welcome too. thanks a lot.

greetings,
volker

Re: xsp and < symbol problem

Posted by Volker Bublitz <bu...@poolzeit.de>.
thanks, but unfortunately it still doesn't work...

don't know what i do "wrong" (as i think because it's my understanding
that the purpose of xsp is to create dynamic xml-output ?)

volker

Re: xsp and < symbol problem

Posted by Volker Bublitz <vb...@imatics.de>.

Re: xsp and < symbol problem

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: xsp and < symbol problem

Posted by Volker Bublitz <vb...@imatics.de>.
hi,

i tried both but neither does work. i googled but can't find anything
on how to create strings with "<" or ">" characters or how to print
these characters as output of the xsp.

besides, i've got another problem.

code in xsp:

<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">

<sql:execute-query name="customer">
       <sql:query>
         INSERT INTO cmdb (bezeichnung,kategorie,standort,admin) VALUES (
           '<sql:substitute-value
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" sql:name="bezeichnung"/>',
           '<sql:substitute-value
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" sql:name="kategorie"/>',
           '<sql:substitute-value
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" sql:name="standort"/>',
           '<sql:substitute-value
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" sql:name="admin"/>')
       </sql:query>
     </sql:execute-query>

	<xsp:logic>

	[...]

output:

<sql:execute-query name="customer" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
       <sql:query>
	<sql:substitute-value sql:name=""/>
	<sql:substitute-value sql:name=""/>
	<sql:substitute-value sql:name=""/>
	<sql:substitute-value sql:name=""/>
       </sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

what happened to the "INSERT INTO" etc???

greets,
volker

Re: xsp and < symbol problem

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com>.