Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Gauthier <jg...@lastar.com> on 2004/12/31 15:10:38 UTC

Training SA with postfix

Hey all,

  I've just spend a good amount of time installing postfix, amavis-new,
clamAV and  SA (with DCC, razor, pyzor) -- [All the "latest" versions]

I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway I get incorporate sa-learn
to learn ham based on what my people send through the box.   This is a
relay only server, which from my reading, kind of complicates things.

My end goal, if possible, is to have sa-learn train itself on ham
whenever I send mail "outbound".

Is this possible?  If so, can someone help me with how it's done or
point me to documentation?

Re: Training SA with postfix

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:10 AM 12/31/2004 -0500, Jason Gauthier wrote:
>I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway I get incorporate sa-learn to
>learn ham based on what my people send through the box.   This is a relay
>only server, which from my reading, kind of complicates things.
>
>My end goal, if possible, is to have sa-learn train itself on ham whenever
>I send mail "outbound".
>
>Is this possible?  If so, can someone help me with how it's done or point
>me to documentation?

One possible way of approximating this is to take some advantage of the
autolearner...

Write yourself a negative scoring rule that looks at the Received: headers
for signs of relay from the inside. For added security against forgery you
could use a meta rule and also check other header fields (message ID, from,
etc).

With a decently hefty negative scoring rule firing, the autolearner should
try to learn most of the messages as ham.