Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2001/11/14 20:00:05 UTC

Re: Fw: Xerces 1.4.4: release tomorrow?

Hi Curt,

Okay, we'll delay the release yet one more day.  :-(  The person who's most
expert in our DOM implementation, Elena, is currently at the DOM
face-to-face meeting in California; so I'm afraid this issue won't be
obvious to any of us who are around.

So if you can find a fix please post a patch; if it's in our hands tomorrow
morning I'll make sure it gets into 1.4.4.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

"Curt Arnold" <ca...@houston.rr.com> on 11/14/2001 11:41:02 AM

Please respond to xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   <xe...@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Fw: Xerces 1.4.4:  release tomorrow?

I posted an analysis of the provisional DOM L1 conformance test failures
for
Xerces-J 1.4.3 and last nights CVS code base in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2001Nov/0012.html, and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2001Nov/0013.html
respectively.

Most of the failures in Xerces-J 1.4.3 is due to createEntityReference not
adding the corresponding entity content when expandEntityReferences = true.
Despite whether entity references are expanded when reading in a document,
DOM manipulation after loading the document should behave consistently.
Since the behavior is already in Xerces somewhere (since it passes the same
tests when expandEntityReferences = false), then it is probably one
conditional that needs tweaking.

Would be nice to finish off 1.4.4 with these fixed.  If the fix isn't
obvious to someone else, I'll take a look tonight.