Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Cornelio Iñigo <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/15 21:52:22 UTC

hadoop application to pig?

Hi

My name is Cornelio Iñigo and I´m a developer just beginning with this of
hadoop and pig.
I have a doubt about developing an application on pig, I already have my
program on hadoop, this program gets just a column from a dataset (csv file)
and process this data with some functions (like language analisis, analysis
of the content)
 note that in the process of the file I dont use FILTERS COUNTS or any built
in function of Pig, I think that all the fucntions have to be User Defined
Functions

 so Is a good idea (has sense ) to develop this program in Pig?

Thanks in advice

--
*Cornelio*

Re: hadoop application to pig?

Posted by Ian Holsman <ha...@holsman.net>.
I think it comes down to if you can translate your existing jobs into udfs and custom steps which can run inside of a pig script, and how much effort that will take.

Writing pig scripts is much easier than writing m-r ones in my experience.

---
Ian Holsman - 703 879-3128

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free -- Michelangelo

Posted by David Gruzman <dg...@gmail.com>.