Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/07 16:47:33 UTC

ServiceMix 3.2.1 build failure: Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car

I am trying to build ServiceMix 3.2.1 src. But I encountered the following
exception. Does anybody have an idea what is the "//car" thing? Thanks a
lot.

[INFO]
[INFO] Building ServiceMix :: Geronimo :: ServiceMix plugin
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [build:copy {execution: default}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
[INFO] Generated:
D:\projects\apache-servicemix-3.2.1-src\platforms\geronimo\ser
vicemix\target\plan\plan.xml
(org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsuppo
rt.logging.Logging).
[INFO] [car:package]
[INFO] Packaging module configuration:
D:\projects\apache-servicemix-3.2.1-src\p
latforms\geronimo\servicemix\target\plan\plan.xml
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] load of org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.0.1/car
fai
led

Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: load of
org.apache.geron
imo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.0.1/car failed
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: load of
org.apache.ge
ronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.0.1/car failed
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:
137)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apa
che.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.0.1/car failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:297)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:278)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:253)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(KernelConfigurationManager.java:111)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager$$FastCla
ssByCGLIB$$b117102f.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:830)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
7)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
ionInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGL
IB$$e2018fd5.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.buildPackage(Package
Mojo.java:478)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMoj
o.java:302)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:
122)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
Una
ble to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
InClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:123)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
InClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:102)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver$$FastCl
assByCGLIB$$e847b746.invoke(<generated>)
[...]
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.ArtifactResolver$$EnhancerByCGL
IB$$574b0446.resolveInClassLoader(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveP
arentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:469)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDept
hFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:428)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDept
hFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:435)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:294)
        ... 33 more
[INFO]

Re: ServiceMix 3.2.1 build failure: Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I lost track of what you do to see this problem.  Looking at a stack
trace Bruce posted to geronimo IRC last night, it looks like you have
only some of the dependencies needed to build a geronimo car using
the car-maven-plugin.  This is caused by mismatches between the
geronimo and maven dependency systems.  I think that the jee-specs
artifact has disappeared from your local maven repo and it isn't
showing up as a maven dependency so it isn't getting downloaded.

I think you can fix it in servicemix by explicitly including the
missing dependencies as maven dependencies, e.g.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
<artifactId>jee-specs</artifactId>
<version>2.0.1</version>
<type>car</type>
</dependency>

If you previously built geronimo locally you would have built all
these artifacts already.  There's probably something we can do in
geronimo to reduce this kind of problem but I don't see what it is
just yet.

org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car
is not a path but a representation of the dependency above, with the
version omitted.

hope this helps
david jencks

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

On Dec 18, 2007 4:34 PM, tpounds <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad the workaround seems to resolve the "Invalid value for 'source'
> parameter" issue.  I've noticed that a lot of maven projects not just
> ServiceMix/ActiveMQ tend to omit a number of tags related to artifacts
> when
> using plugins or dependencies.  This seems to be fine for the most part
> but
> tends to bring up issues like this one and could potentially change a
> source
> release in the future due to upstream plugin changes, effectively causing
> unrepeatable issues. (i.e. I build with version 1.0 and then an upgarde to
> 1.1 causes certain generated files to change...I know this is hypothetical
> but it is definitely an issue that will come up in the future).  BTW, I
> see
> released builds periodically fail via Bamboo which may or may not be
> related
> to upstream changes in dependencies.  Maybe someone should create a JIRA
> improvement task to go through the ServiceMix poms and add explicit
> versions
> for dependencies/plugings/extensions...this is the practice we use for our
> internal builds at our company. Anyways just a thought for discussion. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Trevor
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > I think Trevor is on the right track, because the build was fine when I
> > released 3.2.1.  The repository artifacts are not updated (afaik), so a
> > new
> > version of such a plugin could really be the reason.
> > if i remove the version, I have the error Daryl mentionned, whereas with
> > the
> > specific version of the plugin, it works.
> > I will commit the fix asap, thx Trevor!
> >
> > On Dec 18, 2007 8:54 AM, Kristian Köhler <Kr...@dmc.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I think this is related to
> >> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1170
> >>
> >> I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Next I want to remove my local
> >> repo and check if i can reproduce the failure....
> >>
> >> Kristian

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

AW: ServiceMix 3.2.1 build failure: Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@dmc.de>.
Hi

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
[...]

334)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Invalid
value for 'source' parameter; contains nested elements
         at org.codehaus.mojo.groovy.MojoSupport.execute
(MojoSupport.java:79)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
         ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Invalid
value for 'source' parameter; contains nested elements
         at org.codehaus.mojo.groovy.execute.ExecuteMojo.process
(ExecuteMojo.java:150)
         at org.codehaus.mojo.groovy.ComponentMojoSupport.doExecute
(ComponentMojoSupport.java:68)
         at org.codehaus.mojo.groovy.MojoSupport.execute
(MojoSupport.java:71)
         ... 18 more

http://itsallsemantics.com

Re: ServiceMix 3.2.1 build failure: Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
It's more a logical path rather than a physical one.  You may have the
version between the two /s.
Anyway, I will try to build 3.2.1 and 3.3-snapshot from a clean repo
on Monday and see what happens.

On 12/8/07, samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree that those 'file:'s should have nothing to do with the exception. Do
> you know how do I validate the .car file is valid or not? Why the path is
> not 'org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs/car' but
> 'org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car' ?
>

> bsnyder wrote:
> >
> > On Dec 7, 2007 11:22 AM, samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I used the exact instruction there. I think the difference is that you
> >> might
> >> build (since you use tarball, I guess) on Linux platform. I built on
> >> Windows
> >> XP. The windows 3.2.1-src.zip contains invalid entries such as "file:xxx"
> >> (a
> >> bunch of HTMLs) which can not be extracted by WinZip. I have to use 7-Zip
> >> remove those entries before uncompress, but that should not affect the
> >> build
> >> at all. Is this relate to the path separator between Linux and Windows?
> >
> > I did notice during my testing for this issue that I also have a
> > directory named file: upon expansion of the tarball. This build issue
> > has nothing to do with the extra directory that's included from the
> > filesystem. This issue appears to have something to do with a bad car
> > file from Geronimo as it says it failed to load.
> >
> > Bruce
> > --
> > perl -e 'print
> > unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"