Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2000/12/01 09:32:19 UTC

Re: [C2/Patch] Selector Heaven :-)

Marcus Crafter <cr...@dresdnerbank.de> wrote:

> 	The files are ready to be dropped into CVS as is, except for
> 	the parser and scanner java files which must be generated (I
> 	didn't touch the build.xml, perhaps one of the other more
> 	'ant' familiar developers might be able to help me out there),

Marcus, I'm not familiar with JLex or CUP, I have read some
articles about them and thought, it might be interesting to take a
look at them - unfortunately never found the time.

I am quite familiar with Ant, though. If you are interested in
creating <jlex> and <cup> tasks for Ant, I'd be happy to assist with
the Ant specific part of it.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: [C2/Patch] Selector Heaven :-)

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@dresdnerbank.de>.
Hi Stefan!

On 1 Dec 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Marcus Crafter <cr...@dresdnerbank.de> wrote:
>
> > 	The files are ready to be dropped into CVS as is, except for
> > 	the parser and scanner java files which must be generated (I
> > 	didn't touch the build.xml, perhaps one of the other more
> > 	'ant' familiar developers might be able to help me out there),
>
> Marcus, I'm not familiar with JLex or CUP, I have read some
> articles about them and thought, it might be interesting to take a
> look at them - unfortunately never found the time.
>
> I am quite familiar with Ant, though. If you are interested in
> creating <jlex> and <cup> tasks for Ant, I'd be happy to assist with
> the Ant specific part of it.

	Sure, that would be great. What has to be done is as follows:

	Before the source is compiled, the parser and scanner have to be
	generated using JLex and CUP.

	This line generates the scanner:

		java -classpath jlex.jar JLex.Main Scanner.jlex
		mv Scanner.jlex.java Yylex.java

	and this line generates the parser:

		java -classpath cup.jar java_cup.Main < Parser.cup

	The move from Scanner.jlex.java to Yylex.java is currently required as
	Yylex is a public class. (The scanner filename could be changed to
	Yylex so that the move isn't necessary).

	Something similar needs to be added to the build.xml. How it's done is
	completely up to you! :-)

	The cocoon build should then proceed as normal.

	If there are any problems let me know.

	Thanks again for your help. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750

    [ Part 2, ""  Text/PLAIN (Name: "sitemap.xsl.diff")  57 lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3, ""  Application/OCTET-STREAM (Name: "selectors.tar.gz")  ]
    [ 16KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany