Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2004/03/04 18:38:10 UTC

Re: Multiple instances of the same portlet...

Correct, the pluto container is not affected by this. This is also not
part of the portlet specification, as it is an administrative task.
So what works is that your portal can create an arbitrary number of
portlet entiies out of a portlet definition of a portlet in the portlet.xml.
The portlet spec would even allow to have multiple portlet windows
pointing to the same portlet entity (e.g. on different pages).
The pluto containe is prepared for all these as the object model
respresents these levels.

Stefan