Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by El...@agi.ch on 2003/04/16 10:40:11 UTC

XSL-FO

Hello

I have the follow problem:

For generate a PDF with FOP, i need the Filename of the generated PDF File.
When i starts the FOP, i give them the xml and xsl file. And i define the
name of PDF file witch to be provided.

This name of PDF File, i need them.

Does someone have a notion?
I need it during the FOP of procedure.

Greets Helmi
PS: Sorry for my bad English...

Diese E-Mail ist nur fuer die als Empfaenger genannte Person oder Gesellschaft bestimmt. Wenn Sie diese
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie, den Absender zu benachrichtigen und die E-Mail auf Ihrem
Computersystem zu loeschen.

Re: AW: XSL-FO

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I see. You can do that using an XSLT parameter. Unfortunately, you can't
supply XSLT parameters with fop.bat, yet. You will have to split XSLT
and FOP processes by using xalan.bat first, to create the XSL-FO file
and then fop.bat to transform the XSL-FO to PDF.

If you run xalan.bat (included in 0.20.5rc2 or at [1]) you can supply a
parameter using "-PARAM pdf-name mypdf.pdf". In the XSLT you can access
the parameter like this:

<xsl:stylesheet......
  <xsl:param name="pdf-name" select="'UNKNOWN FILENAME'"/>

  [..]

  <xsl:text>Filename: </xsl:text>
  <xsl:value-of select="$pdf-name"/>

I hope that helps.

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-fop/Attic/xalan.bat?rev=1.1

On 16.04.2003 13:21:51 Elmar.Hurni wrote:
> [ENGLISH]
> Thx for you answer.
> Follow:
> I start the FOP from a Batch-File. The Filename of the PDF-FIle is generated
> by the Bacht-File.
> I would like to indicate now in the pdf in the footing line the file names. In addition I must be able to pick this generic name out.
> Ich möchte also während des FOP Prozesses den angegebenen Dateinamen der PDF
> Datei auslesen können und in der Fusszeile anzeigen
> können.
>

> [GERMAN]
> Danke für Dein Antwort.
> Als folgendes:
> Ich starte den FOP aus einem Batch-File heraus. Der Dateiname der PDF Datei
> wird generiert.
> Ich möchte nun im PDF in der Fusszeile den Dateinamen anzeigen. Dazu muss
> ich diesen generischen
> Namen auslesen können.
> Ich möchte also während des FOP Prozesses den angegebenen Dateinamen der PDF
> Datei auslesen können und in der Fusszeile anzeigen
> können.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: XSL-FO

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I'm not sure I know what exactly you need. In the case when someone
isn't so well versed in English it's probably best if he/she wrote
his/her inquiry twice, once in English and once in his/her mother tongue.
There are a lot of German speaking people around, for example. Of course,
answers should at least include an English version, too, for the benefit
of the others.

If you're producing a PDF through the command-line you have the -pdf
option where you specify the filename.

fop -xml mystuff.xml -xsl mystuff2fo.xsl -pdf mypdf.pdf

If you're using FOP embedded in your Java application it's again you who
specifies the output filename by using something like this:

File outFile = new File("D:/Temp/mypdf.pdf");
OutputStream out = new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(outFile));

It's always you who specifies the filename.

On 16.04.2003 10:40:11 Elmar.Hurni wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have the follow problem:
>
> For generate a PDF with FOP, i need the Filename of the generated PDF File.
> When i starts the FOP, i give them the xml and xsl file. And i define the
> name of PDF file witch to be provided.
>
> This name of PDF File, i need them.
>
> Does someone have a notion?
> I need it during the FOP of procedure.