Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Shawn <co...@enodev.com> on 2003/01/31 09:53:00 UTC

Help with httpd-apreq-2 cvs?

I'd be happy with some rough instructions for getting the CVS
httpd-apreq-2 cvs working with my Apache/2.1.0-dev (Unix)
mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.8.0. Would I somehow use the perl stuff
from .51 or .60RC?

I just want to get Apache::Gallery working. It's been an obsession. So
far, this is the only stuff it needs, as I can see.

use Apache::Request();
my $r = shift or Apache->request();
my $apr = Apache::Request->instance($r, DISABLE_UPLOADS => 1, POST_MAX => 1024);
Apache->request->log_error("Something was fishy with the type of the file $file\n");

--
core@enodev.com

A cop stopped me for speeding.  He said, 'Why were you going so
fast?' I said, 'See this thing my foot is on? It's called an
accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the
engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing?
This steers it'
						-- Stephen Wright

Re: Help with httpd-apreq-2 cvs?

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Shawn <co...@enodev.com> writes:

> I'd be happy with some rough instructions for getting the CVS
> httpd-apreq-2 cvs working with my Apache/2.1.0-dev (Unix)
> mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.8.0. Would I somehow use the perl
> stuff from .51 or .60RC?

A working httpd-apreq-2 repository is a high priority for
me, but not the top on right now.  I want to fix whatever
got broken in the 1.1 release, including the release process
itself.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: Help with httpd-apreq-2 cvs?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Shawn wrote:
> I take it something like this would be a porting effort, and not a
> dropin replacement?

No, Apache was totally rewritten, with a totally new API and it requires to
port all other things depending on it.

> I wish I were more learned in apache/mod_perl etc, as I would donate my
> time to the effort if I could be of any assistance.

It's never too late to learn and help.

Posted by Shawn <co...@enodev.com>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.