Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by eoghan <ap...@redry.net> on 2006/04/11 13:07:47 UTC

tomcat start/stop

Hi
Im using tomcat 5.5 on freeBSD 6.0. I have enabled tomcat in my rc.conf:
tomcat_enable="YES"
I am trying to stop and start the server when I make some changes to
some sample jsp files, but I cant figure out how to do this. I have
tried in my /usr/loca/rc.d/tomcat55.sh stop
But it tells me tomcat isnt running, which it is cos I can connect to it
at localhost:8180
Any ideas on how to start/stop the server when it has been enabled like
this?
Thanks
Eoghan

Re: tomcat start/stop

Posted by eoghan <ap...@redry.net>.
David Smith wrote:
> Actually, configured in this way, 'service tomcat55 start' and 'service
> tomcat55 stop' should be able to start and stop the service.
>
> --David

Thanks.
I will try this today.
Eoghan

Re: tomcat start/stop

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

--
=======================================
David Smith

Re: tomcat start/stop

Posted by François Conil <co...@ece.fr>.
eoghan a écrit :
> Hi
> Im using tomcat 5.5 on freeBSD 6.0. I have enabled tomcat in my rc.conf:
> tomcat_enable="YES"
> I am trying to stop and start the server when I make some changes to
> some sample jsp files, but I cant figure out how to do this. I have
> tried in my /usr/loca/rc.d/tomcat55.sh stop
> But it tells me tomcat isnt running, which it is cos I can connect to it
> at localhost:8180
> Any ideas on how to start/stop the server when it has been enabled like
> this?

I may be wrong, but you should use the catalina.sh file instead.

Cheers,
--
François Conil
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux
<Pax> I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.