Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/09/25 02:24:06 UTC

making a copy (clone) of a PSMLDocument

To get the customizers to operate correctly, I need to, when we start to
customize, make a copy of a Profile's PSMLDocument.  Then, the
customizers can edit this copy, and if they don't end in a cancel, that
copy will be made the actual stored / cached doc for the profile.

I have not yet seen any code to do this in the system.  Does anyone know
of any, or of any case already where we need to make a copy of the
PSMLDocument?  The one case I though to check, the creation of a new
user's profile from the "turbine" profile, doesn't even make a copy of
the PSMLDocument - it just assigns the very same one from the "turbine"
profile to the new one and then saves it.

Thanks.

- Glenn