Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 14:48:39 UTC

Upgrade from 1.2.x to 2.0.x - Overview of new features

Hi,

On one of the projects I'm working on, we're currently using OpenJPA v1.1.2.
We are planning to upgrade to v2.0.1, but I would like to have an overview
of the new features. Features - like Criteria - that are suported in v2.0.1,
but not in v1.1.2.

Is this overview somewhere available (without reading the complete manual) ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

Re: Upgrade from 1.2.x to 2.0.x - Overview of new features

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,
Here's a brief overview:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0909_col_sutter/0909_col_sutter.html

Specific to the Criteria API:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-typesafejpa/

Hope this gets you interested.  One thing to be aware of is that JPA 2.0 is
binary compatible with JPA 1.0, from a spec perspective.  So, you should be
able to start experimenting with our JPA 2.0 implementation without any
impact to your current applications.
http://openjpa.apache.org/downloads.html

Good luck,
Kevin