Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Eric Hodges <er...@mongoosetech.com> on 2002/03/07 18:19:33 UTC

Read timing out when trying to upload a file

I'm trying to use WebdavResource.putMethod() to upload a file from my client
with this code:

          WebdavResource webdavResource = getWebDAVResource(httpURL);
          byte[] fileContent = getBufferToUpload();
          boolean result =
webdavResource.putMethod(path+"/"+filePart.getFileName(), fileContent);

Slide gets to this code inside FileContentStore.createRevisionContent():

                while (true) {
                    int nChar = is.read(buffer);
                    if (nChar == -1) {
                        break;
                    }

when the is.read(buffer) call times out and throws an exception.  This
doesn't happen when I use WebFolders to upload a file, so it must be
something in my code.  Any ideas?