Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Rob Butler <cr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/05 17:18:27 UTC

3.0 ETA?

Hello all,

Just wondering if there is any ETA on a 3.0 final?
Even if it's a wild guess, I'd appreciate something.

Also, would it be possible to add some support for
additional types?  java.util.Set could easily be
supported with output similar to a java.util.List.  If
java.util.Set support were added should it be an
extension with the apache xmlrpc extension namespace,
or should it just output the same as a java.util.List?
 It would be nice if this were configurable so people
could choose.

Thanks!
Rob

Re: 3.0 ETA?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Rob Butler wrote:

> Is there any reason that
> org.apache.xmlrpc.common.TypeFactory specifies
> NamespaceContextImpl as its second arg instead of
> javax.xml.namespace.NamespaceContext?  Using the later
> would make the code less dependent on a particular
> implementation of NamespaceContext.

Yes, see the methods startPrefixMapping, and endPrefixMapping, in
RecursiveTypeParserImpl.

Jochen

Re: 3.0 ETA?

Posted by Rob Butler <cr...@yahoo.com>.
Jochen,

Sounds like a good idea.  I would love to contrib a
patch but no time.  If somehow I come up with some
time, I will create a patch.

Re: 3.0 ETA?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.