Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 16:37:25 UTC

[ANN] Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-beta1 has been released

The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce Wicket's first Apache
Incubator release. This release is officially approved by the
Incubator PMC [1].

In this announcement:
 - Apache Wicket
 - This release
 - Migrating from 1.2
 - Downloading the release
 - Reporting bugs
 - Fixing bugs
 - Incubating Apache Wicket

We thank you for your patience and support. Next stop: graduation!

The Wicket Team

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg13714.html

-= Apache Wicket =-

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework
currently undergoing incubation at the Apache Software foundation.
With proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a
refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple
and enjoyable again. Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and
brittle code for powerful, reusable components written with plain Java
and HTML.

You can find more information on Apache Wicket here:

	http://incubator.apache.org/wicket

-= This release =-

This release is a first in a series of beta releases until we feel
confident to finalize Wicket 1.3. This is called a beta because we
don't have fixed all bugs, and probably haven't found them all either
(can you ever be sure?). However, we are confident that most major API
changes are in and therefore want to give you access to a more stable
platform than depending on trunk.

- Migrating from 1.2 -

If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our
migration guide, found on the wiki:

	http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-13.html

- Downloading the release -

You can download the release here:

	http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/wicket/apache-wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta1/dist/

If you want to use maven to download the release, add the following
repository to your pom:

	http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/wicket/apache-wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta1/m2-repo/

- Reporting bugs -

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

	http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

- Fixing bugs -

If you want to generate a patch against this release, you can do so
based on the tag:

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/tags/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta-1/

-= Incubating Apache Wicket =-

Apache Wicket is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation (ASF). Incubation is required of all newly
accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.
While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the
project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

You can find more information on the status of Apache Wicket's incubation here:

	http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wicket

Re: [ANN] Apache Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-beta1 has been released

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sweet! Thanks guys for all your hard work.

jim