Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/31 19:19:04 UTC

NGCC?

Hi,

Is anyone working on an NGCC event for this year? Given all of the
recent changes, it seems like it could be really useful. If not, is
there interest? When would be good, September? October? What about
location? I think we could get the space to host such an even in
either San Antonio (centrally located), or San Francisco (San
Franciscoly located).

Thoughts?

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.

> Mid-to-late September is good, but so is October.

The community-driven Cassandra Japan conference is tentatively
targeting the first week of October. We've had participants from Japan
the past couple of years at NGCC, so would be cool if we could
accommodate that.

+1 on Mid September. (We should probably move this to a vote/form thingy soon).

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
+1.

Are there guidelines for how to set something like this up or is it tribal
knowledge?

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.
Trying to coordinate it around the eclipse seems neat on the surface, but
practically it's probably not a great idea as most major cities along the
eclipse line have largely sold out their hotel rooms for that event.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Carlos Rolo <ro...@pythian.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
+1

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
We should do our best to plan around Cassandra Summit Tokyo - NGCC in
September seems like a good idea.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Mark Dewey <mi...@gmail.com>.
Blot out the sun and talk about Cassandra? Seems kind of on the nose, right?

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Russell Bradberry <rb...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Jason Brown <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by "K.Tomita" <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Russell Bradberry <rb...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: NGCC?

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.
I would love for this to happen as well. I don't have time to run
point on setting up an event, but am happy to help out. (I think a lot
of people feel similarly).