Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/01/27 19:00:37 UTC

[VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

jexl is a simple expression language for accessing java objects. it is
used extensively by jelly. jexl has been (relatively) stable for a while.
jelly is pushing towards it's first release. the time therefore seems
right for jexl to be promoted to the commons.

----- 8< -----
Vote to promote the "Jexl" component from Commons Sandbox to Commons
Proper:

[ ] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
[ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
[ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:
----- 8< -----

here's my +1

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>
> Seems to me that it probably overlaps with jxpath or OGNL (www.ognl.org).
> use OGNL extensively in Tapestry and it's really been a godsend.

Jexl is a superset of the EL in JSP 2.x and JSTL 1.x as well as a superset
of the simple expression language used by BeanUtils and is fairly similar to
Velocity expressions. i.e. it uses a simple property notation and has
support for method calls etc. OGNL and jxpath are a little different (the
latter using xpath expressions) though all 3 of these provide a neat
navigation capability for working with beans. All have their own strengths
and weaknesses.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>.
yes, it seems to me too that they cover the same ground. OGNL has some
really neat features, like selection and projection operations for
collections.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> jexl is a simple expression language for accessing java objects. it is
> used extensively by jelly. jexl has been (relatively) stable for a while.
> jelly is pushing towards it's first release. the time therefore seems
> right for jexl to be promoted to the commons.
>
> ----- 8< -----
> Vote to promote the "Jexl" component from Commons Sandbox to Commons
> Proper:
>
> [X] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
> [ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:
> ----- 8< -----

Costin

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.

> ----- 8< -----
> Vote to promote the "Jexl" component from Commons
> Sandbox to Commons
> Proper:
>
> [X] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
> [ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:
> ----- 8< -----

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://axion.tigris.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/watchdog

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on
28/01/2003 05:00:37 AM:

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
I thought we had this vote already.

+1

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 01:00 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> jexl is a simple expression language for accessing java objects. it is
> used extensively by jelly. jexl has been (relatively) stable for a
> while. jelly is pushing towards it's first release. the time therefore
> seems right for jexl to be promoted to the commons.
>
> ----- 8< -----
> Vote to promote the "Jexl" component from Commons Sandbox to Commons
> Proper:
>
> [ ] +1 I am in favor of this action and will help
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of this action but cannot help
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of this action
> [ ] -1 I am opposed to this action and here is why:
> ----- 8< -----
>
> here's my +1
>
> - robert

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)
geirm@adeptra.com

Re: [VOTE] Promote jexl from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com>.
I know you already got enough votes. I just wanted to show my support.

- Dmitri

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.