Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com> on 2014/11/19 21:11:22 UTC

querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server

Hi - I was curious if anyone is using the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server with Cassandra. It would be great be if you could share how you got it working? For example, what config changes have to be done in hive-site.xml, what additional jars are required, etc.?

I have a Spark app that can programmatically query data from Cassandra using Spark SQL and Spark-Cassandra-Connector. No problem there, but I couldn't find any documentation for using the Thrift JDBC server for querying data from Cassandra.

Thanks,
Mohammed

RE: querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server

Posted by Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com>.
Thanks, Cheng.

As an FYI for others trying to integrate Spark SQL JDBC server with Cassandra - I ended up using CalliopeServer2, which extends the Thrift Server and it was really straightforward.

Mohammed

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.