Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/08/12 18:55:43 UTC

Console now runs under Tomcat

After working through issues and slogging through the conole code, I now
have Tomcat running the console.

I wanted to bring this up for future portlet writing so we have this in
the mail lists.

In Tomcat..all servlet contexts are *not* visible to each other by
default. This is done for secuirty reasons. In order for the contexts to
have visibility of each other (a necessity for portlets), you need to
add this to your plan (or geronimo-web.xml) in the web-app configuration:

<container-config container="Tomcat">
     <config-param name="CrossContext">true</config-param>
</container-config>

This will enable the context's visibility to other web applications.

Don't forget to do this for any web applications that need to be
portletized, or they won't work.

This setting has no effect on Jetty.

Jeff