Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/11/10 14:40:31 UTC

Re: Regarding Juneau Project Contribution

Another thought...

We could use how-to articles published out on the web (dzone, stacktrace,
etc...).  I see you're writing examples on serialization.  Articles to go
along with those examples would be really helpful.

I personally haven't had time to write any articles, and I'm not even sure
where are good places to post anymore.

Anyone know popular websites for posting open source articles nowadays?

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks!

I've added a new Articles section to the website:
http://juneau.apache.org/#articles.html

Feel free to use any of the existing documentation or examples if it helps.

Posted by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi..

I wrote a blog post
<https://medium.com/@shalithasuranga/serializing-and-deserializing-pojos-in-to-many-formats-using-apache-juneau-6b68d97aee6c>about
marshall module.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:52 PM James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks!  That's going to be very helpful.
>

> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:08 AM Shalitha Suranga <
> shalithasuranga@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.. James
>>
>> Awesome idea!! I am also writing tech articles. I usually write on
>> medium  <ht...@shalithasuranga> and sometimes I share
>> on reddit and hackernews.
>>
>> I'll write introduction(related to core) article about Juneau with
>> several examples.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:11 PM James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Another thought...
>>>
>>> We could use how-to articles published out on the web (dzone,
>>> stacktrace, etc...).  I see you're writing examples on serialization.
>>> Articles to go along with those examples would be really helpful.
>>>
>>> I personally haven't had time to write any articles, and I'm not even
>>> sure where are good places to post anymore.
>>>
>>> Anyone know popular websites for posting open source articles
>>> nowadays?

>> --
>> Regards,
>> *Shalitha Suranga*

*Shalitha Suranga*

Re: Regarding Juneau Project Contribution

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks!  That's going to be very helpful.

Posted by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi.. James

Awesome idea!! I am also writing tech articles. I usually write on medium
<ht...@shalithasuranga> and sometimes I share
on reddit and hackernews.

I'll write introduction(related to core) article about Juneau with several
examples.

Thanks

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:11 PM James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Another thought...
>
> We could use how-to articles published out on the web (dzone, stacktrace,
> etc...).  I see you're writing examples on serialization.  Articles to go
> along with those examples would be really helpful.
>
> I personally haven't had time to write any articles, and I'm not even sure
> where are good places to post anymore.
>
> Anyone know popular websites for posting open source articles nowadays?
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:39 PM Shalitha Suranga <
> shalithasuranga@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi James
>>
>> Nice to see the future work. Thank you
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:26 AM James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Shalitha,
>>>
>>> I'm open to ideas.
>>>
>>> Future work that comes to mind:
>>>
>>>    - YAML support.
>>>    This is kind of big though.  You would essentially be cloning the
>>>    JSON serializers and parsers and converting them to use YAML syntax.
>>>
>>>    - Other possible languages:  BSON, Protobuf, Amazon Ion
>>>
>>>    - @JsonSchema validation support for all serializers and parsers.
>>>    This is also kind of big.  Basically you would adding
>>>    SERIALIZER_validating and PARSER_validating settings (disabled by default)
>>>    that would allow automatic schema validation of input and output just like
>>>    we do for the OpenAPI serializer and parser.
>>>
>>>    - Investigate OpenAPI 3 support.  The Swagger API is currently at
>>>    Swagger 2.0.
>>>
>>>    - FreeMarker integration.
>>>
>>>    - Proofread documentation.  It would be good to clean up areas that
>>>    are confusing.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a wish list they'd like to contribute?

>> --
>> Regards,
>> *Shalitha Suranga*

*Shalitha Suranga*