Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/07/09 07:33:15 UTC

Re: general/836: httpd streaming does not work with the RealAudio 4.0 player (fwd)

Anyone want to verify this?

I can try to give it a try tomorrow (if I can find one of the platforms
they have released 4.x for with a sound card...), but may not be able to.
Was going to today if it hadn't been for darn Macintosh interrupt
handlers.  Grrrrrrrrr.

I feel in a nasty mood, so I will gladly write a whine letter to the
producers of RealAudio telling them they are ugly.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 11:33 PM 7/8/97 -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
>Anyone want to verify this?

I tried, but I couldn't even get 4.0 to work.  The install went great, but
it gets application errors (the "cancel" or "ignore" variety, saying it
caused a fault in "dibeng.dll".  Whatever.)

If it turns out that RealPlayer 4.0 doesn't grok 1.1, then we should
definitely put that browsermatch directive in the default config files.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org