Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Georg Potthast <no...@georgpotthast.de> on 2020/10/05 06:02:11 UTC

Browsing Derby Database in Eclipse

In this wiki page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Browsing+Derby+Database+in+Eclipse it says:
“The template expects the driver to be in a file called derby.jar. [...] You will find this in your workspace as framework/entity/lib/jdbc/derby-10.2.2.0.jar”
However, it is not at that location and I cannot find it anywhere else. Where can I find this driver?

Re: Browsing Derby Database in Eclipse

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This documentation is now dated, it's pre Gradle.

Now Derby is dynamically loaded once by Gradle and used at runtime only, see in build.gradle line

    <<runtimeOnly 'org.apache.derby:derby:10.14.2.0'>>

So the Derby driver is located in the Gradle cache, see https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/directory_layout.html

I'll duplicate the wiki page and adapt it to Gradle.

Thank you for the report

Jacques