Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org> on 2018/03/13 15:43:17 UTC

Github usage Was: [Statistics] Port codes from Commons Math

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 11:20 AM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>

> I didn't find it very easy to cooperate with developers who fork on GitHub and submit PRs. I've now found the "git" command that creates a branch from a PR, but it would be so much more comfortable to just switch directory and do "git pull".

Just as a point of information, it is possible to reverse the Github <- Apache mirroring most projects use to be Github -> Apache. What that means is that merging PRs from Github becomes one click in the Github UI.

There are other consequences, of course, especially related to other integrations Commons may be using (e.g. integration between Github and JIRA).

Of course, INFRA are the folks to talk to if this sounds interesting. At Apache Jena, we looked into it but have taken no action because we still have some open questions about when some of our workflow integrations will become possible with "reversed mirroring".

Adam Soroka ; ajs6f@apache.org

Re: Github usage

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I see that there are things to try before bothering INFRA. ;-)

Regards,
Gilles

Re: Github usage

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Re: Github usage

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.

Re: Github usage

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I was looking at the wrong version of Debian I think.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Github usage

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:39:50 -0500, Matt Sicker wrote:
> I can't find that package on debian's package search page.

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/git-hub

> I'm not sure if
> they package it there

There is a slew of golang-related packages.

> (it's a go program, so it's pretty easy to install if
> you have go already).

I don't have it installed.

> Here's the official site: https://hub.github.com/

If possible, I'd prefer installing it through the distribution.

Regards,
Gilles

>>> [...]

Re: Github usage

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I can't find that package on debian's package search page. I'm not sure if
they package it there (it's a go program, so it's pretty easy to install if
you have go already). Here's the official site: https://hub.github.com/

Re: Github usage

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

Re: Github usage

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Github usage

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

Re: Github usage Was: [Statistics] Port codes from Commons Math

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.