Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/07/22 07:38:22 UTC

[DRAFT 2] 4.13.0 Announcement

Hi,

I'll send this out in about 24 hours or so. Right now I'm waiting for the
CMS to come back up so I can update the download pages before making
announcements.

-- start draft announcement --

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex SDK 4.13.0

The Apache Flex SDK is a highly productive, open source application
framework for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy
consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including
smartphones, tablets and tv).

The Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0 is an update to Apache Flex SDK 4.12.1 that
adds support for the latest Flash Player and AIR runtimes, support for
Workers in FDB, and many bug fixes.  For more details, see the release
notes at:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.13.0/RELEASE_NOTES

The Apache Flex SDK is available in source form from the following
download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html

It's recommended you install the Apache Flex SDK by using the Apache Flex
IDE installer:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org <http://flex.apache.org/>

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

-- end draft announcement --

Thanks,
-Alex

RE: [DRAFT 2] 4.13.0 Announcement

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
I do that to check if the size of the file to download has changed since the user paused the download (could be a very long pause) and check if the server has resume capabilities, if that helps:

protected function onDownloadResponseStatus(event:HTTPStatusEvent):void {        urlStream.removeEventListener(HTTPStatusEvent.HTTP_RESPONSE_STATUS, onDownloadResponseStatus);        var header:URLRequestHeader;
        if (event.status == OK || event.status == PARTIAL_CONTENT)            for each (header in event.responseHeaders) {                if (header.name == "Accept-Ranges" && header.value == "bytes") {                    hasResumingCapabilities = true;                }                else if (header.name == "Content-Length") {                    const contentLength:Number = parseInt(header.value);                    traceInfo("onDownloadResponseStatus", "contentLength: " + contentLength);                    if (fileDescriptor.bytesTotal > 0 && fileDescriptor.bytesTotal - fileDescriptor.bytesLoaded != contentLength) {                        abort();                        run([ fileDescriptor ]);                        return;                    }                }            }
        dispatcher.dispatchArbitraryEvent(new ResumableStatusEvent(hasResumingCapabilities));    }

Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Couldn't find a way to use head or last modified header from ant. I'd be happy to be wrong. I don't want to tie up my Internet connection downloading this much stuff.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Why's this an AIR app ?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Technically, we are good to go, but I've chickened out of pushing the
> announcement because I am trying to finish up an AIR app that will at
> least monitor the checksums, and maybe even auto-update the config.xml
> file.  The worst case scenario is we announce, 500 folks start downloading
> and moments after the announce Adobe updates the playerglobal or AIR SDK
> and 500 folks fail to install while we are sleeping.  But if folks think
> we should just announce then we can go for it.

Let's wait till the weekend is over and announce on Monday morning.  I
don't think we want to delay the announcement anymore.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.