Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Xn Nooby <xn...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 21:39:33 UTC

Does http-timeout value affect the svn protocol?

I am having time-out problems and setting the http-timeout value does not
seem to having any effect.  The server is a dedicated SVN server, and the
url starts with svn: not http:.  It occured to me, maybe I need a
svn-timeout value to set?

My machines that are timing out are all virtualized Suse Linux Enterprise
Server 9 (SLES9 SP3) machines, they are virtualized with Microsofts VS2005
Server product.  I *not* get timeouts when doing checkouts and updates on a
*physical* box, or when running inside VMWare Workstation or QEMU.  I am
going to soon test VMWare Server, and see if it's VM's timeout.

The message I get is "Peer Disconnect", usually on checkouts, which can be
continued with an svn update.  Often svn update fails with the sames
message.

Any suggestions?