Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastian Himberger <se...@gmx.de> on 2006/03/14 14:56:37 UTC

[m2] maven2 javadoc for plugin development available online?

Hi,

I'm a new maven user. Is there a complete maven2 api documentation
online available?

I'm currently exploring plugin development and have read the guides
available on the maven site. But beside the short introduction of the
mojo-api i found no further link to a complete javadoc. E.g. i want my
plugin to generate an xml file based on the dependencies and include
those in a distribution. This sounds like a rather easy task if i had an
api documentation available. I wanted to download maven but the
"maven-core" component (wich i assume i have to use) returns a 403
forbidden while opening the folder:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/ .

And just a matter of interest: Maven is capable of generating, very
nice, complete javadocs and sourcecode for online usage but maven2
itself uses none of these great features? Is there a reason behind this?
Also the project reports seem not to be completly related to maven.

Thanks very much in advance

best regards
Sebstian

Re: [m2] maven2 javadoc for plugin development available online?

Posted by Sebastian Himberger <se...@gmx.de>.
Hi Brett,

thanks very much for the link! Although not all modules seem to have
javadocs some of them have. Is this page somehow linked from the main
page, so was i just too blind to see it? In my opinion it would be great
to have the maven project sites (javadocs, dependencies, etc.) linked
from the main page. Do you know if this is planned?

Thanks very much!

Best regards
Sebastian

Re: [m2] maven2 javadoc for plugin development available online?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is standard in the next release of the maven
project-info-reports plugin.

- Brett

Posted by Konstantin Polyzois <po...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at:

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
To only get maven-core, you need to issue:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/trunks maven/maven-core

But you might as well pull the whole codebase down, its not that large
if you have a good connection to the Internet.

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/trunks maven

Wayne

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@xtramind.com>.

Hi Sebastian,