Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter <ZP...@netscape.net> on 2002/12/13 03:57:24 UTC

newbie almost connected...

...in this document,

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache2-tomcat4112-sol8-howto.html

...when you say, one should do the following;

3 in the Host container add the following Listener directive (yes, it looks very similar to the one above):

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" append="true" forwardAll="false" modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so" />

..That they should add the above 'Listener Directive' to this section of the server.xml file?

    <!-- An Engine represents the entry point (within Catalina) that processes
         every request.  The Engine implementation for Tomcat stand alone
         analyzes the HTTP headers included with the request, and passes them
         on to the appropriate Host (virtual host). -->

    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

...If not what do you mean by "in the Host container add the following Listener directive (yes, it looks very similar to the one above):"

...also

4 change the name parameter in the Host directive to your apache ServerName (the default is localhost)

What file would I find the Host directive in?

I'm totally new to this and I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Peter
(I'm trying these directions with RH 8.0, Apache 2.0.4 and tomcat 4.1.17)