Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Venkat, Ankam" <An...@centurylink.com> on 2014/11/19 22:25:04 UTC

Hive Database Links

Is there a concept of creating database links in Hive?

I see a jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2989 but not sure what's the status of it.

Regards,
Venkat
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.

Re: Hive Database Links

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
You do not need any special features for this assuming the two clusters
have access to each other.

create table (whetaver ) location hdfs://othercluster/a

You probably want to create the table as EXTERNAL otherwise dropping it
would delete data!

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Venkat, Ankam <Ankam.Venkat@centurylink.com

RE: Hive Database Links