Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Pavel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 17:48:32 UTC

JMS component concurrent consumers config

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what degree of control do I have for JMS consumers.
I'm using ActiveMQ.

This page http://camel.apache.org/jms.html mentions 2 relevant parametersL
concurrentConsumers
 Specifies the default number of concurrent consumers.
maxConcurrentConsumers
 Specifies the maximum number of concurrent consumers.
Can someone please clarify how camel decides on number of concurrent
consumers, what affects this number, and how the params above are relevant?

Thanks,
Pavel

Re: Re: JMS component concurrent consumers config

Posted by br...@gmail.com.
Oh, sorry. I didn't notice you mentioned both parameters.

The number of concurrent consumers will start at 'concurrentConsumers' and
Camel will increase until it reaches 'maxConcurrentConsumers'. There's no
magic in the middle, like min iddle consumers.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: JMS component concurrent consumers config

Posted by br...@gmail.com.
There's one parameter called "concurrentConsumers".

The default is 1.

Cheers,
Bruno