Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk> on 2017/09/24 07:12:05 UTC

Antlr dependencies

Hi,

For a bit of a laugh, I decided to try running the Gant build against Groovy
2.5 beta 1, 2.6 akpha 1, and 3.0.0 SNAPSHOT as well as 2.4.12. 2.4.12 and 2.5
beta 1 both worked fine. 2.6 alpha 1 and 3.0.0 SNAPSHOT however both report:

error: Bad service configuration file, or exception thrown while constructing Processor object: javax.annotation.processing.Processor: Provider org.antlr.v4.runtime.misc.RuleDependencyProcessor not found
startup failed:

This is on Debian Sid using Zulu-8 and Gradle 4.2.

Interesting (or not), Gradle 4.2 will not run on Zulu-9 or OpenJDK-9 as
packaged by Fedora. Ho hum.

--
Russel.

Re: Antlr dependencies

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
I created issue GROOVY-8332 to track the problem.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: Antlr dependencies

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.

Re: Antlr dependencies

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Hi Russel, I assume adding -Dgroovy.antlr4=true to enable the Parrot parser
doesn't help?

I believe you are seeing the same packaging issue that Keegan observed for
GMavenPlus.
I think it is a packaging issue we haven't fixed yet for 2.6/3. I believe
we need to reference:
groovyjarjarantlr4.v4.runtime.misc.RuleDependencyProcessor
instead of:
org.antlr.v4.runtime.misc.RuleDependencyProcessor
in our jarjar'd jar files within this file:
META-INF/services/javax.annotation.processing.Processor

We might need to roll this by hand since I suspect we won't be able to
configure the antlr gradle plugin to do such a change.

Cheers, Paul.