Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Christopher Coco <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 21:24:58 UTC

JSP Precompilation

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has picked up this thread:

http://old.nabble.com/buildr-pre-compile-JSP-for-war--td17109370.html#a17109370

It's more than 3 years old, but Buildr still seems to be lacking this functionality. I wrote a JSP pre-compiler specific for my company, but would be willing to try to abstract it. Again, being new to Ruby and Buildr, I'm trying to figure out the best way to integrate this functionality. It's java specific, and I had thought that a couple of possibilities could be to
a.) extend the java compiler functionality (though jsp compilation seems like a stretch here),
b.) to extend the WAR packaging functionality (where I'm leaning),
c.) separate it completely like the scala plugin (make this is more robust?),
d.) or even just drop it in as an add-on (not sure the pros/cons).

I'm looking for some views or opinions on a best approach. Any thoughts?

So far here's what I have as a project extension (it uses the user's TOMCAT_HOME to build a dependency graph, as well as makes some other assumptions):

https://gist.github.com/921897

Thanks,
-c

Re: JSP Precompilation

Posted by je...@orange-ftgroup.com.
On 21/07/2011 21:24, Christopher Coco wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi

> So far here's what I have as a project extension (it uses the user's TOMCAT_HOME to build a dependency graph, as well as makes some other assumptions):
>
> https://gist.github.com/921897

Thanks for sharing this, I wanted to do something like this myself but
couldn't find time for that.
Could you post (here) some example of use ?
What artifacts should be in JASPER list ?

thanks

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana

IMPORTANT.Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique y compris les fichiers attaches sont strictement confidentielles
et peuvent etre protegees par la loi.
Ce message electronique est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s) ci-dessus.
Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur ou s il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez immediatement le signaler  a l expediteur et effacer ce message
et tous les fichiers eventuellement attaches.
Toute lecture, exploitation ou transmission des informations contenues dans ce message est interdite.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d alteration.
A ce titre, le Groupe France Telecom decline toute responsabilite notamment s il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
De meme, il appartient au destinataire de s assurer de l absence de tout virus.

IMPORTANT.This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly confidential and may be protected by law. This message is
intended only for the named recipient(s) above.
If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
Any unauthorized view, usage or disclosure ofthis message is prohibited.
Since e-mail messages may not be reliable, France Telecom Group shall not be liable for any message if modified, changed or falsified.
Additionally the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Re: JSP Precompilation

Posted by Christopher Coco <ca...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Great, thanks for the information. I'll look at starting with an add-on.

-c

Re: JSP Precompilation

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,