Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Alexander Behm <al...@cloudera.com> on 2017/12/12 18:57:12 UTC

Reserving standard SQL keywords next Impala release (IMPALA-3916)

Reserving standard SQL keywords seems like a reasonable thing to do, but it
is an incompatible change. I think it should be ok to include the change in
the next Impala release (whatever comes after 2.11), but wanted to hear
other opinions.

See:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-3916

Re: Reserving standard SQL keywords next Impala release (IMPALA-3916)

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
If this is high priority, do you want to start 3.0 planning?

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dt...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
I'd prefer to wait until 3.0 for the sake of users, especially ones who use
Impala through other tools that might get quoting wrong.

Posted by Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dt...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.