Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/10/04 21:10:07 UTC

Javamail 1.4.1ea-SNAPSHOT 15/Sep/2006

Hi all,

I saw that glassfish/mail had new commits a couple of weeks ago that
fixed some of the bugs I reported few months ago.

I also saw that the java.net maven repository is publishing a build from
15/Sep/2006 declaring the CDDL license (previous EA was not under this
license) and I verified that compiling the CVS version I obtained the
same bytecode that was in the maven repository.

I downloaded it, decommented all the code we previously added to
workaround few javamail  bugs and decommented the code to support
8bitmime (we removed it because of javamail bugs) and everything seems
to work fine.

I also added few more tests and the result is good.

So I decided to commit it and let us and our users to test it so that we
have increased possibilities to have further problems discovered before
javamail 1.4.1 final will be out.

The main problem is that now the "next-release" depends on the release
of 2 final libraries:

dnsjava-2.0.3
javamail-1.4.1

Let's hope they won't be the showstoppers when everything else will be out.

Stefano

Re: Javamail 1.4.1ea-SNAPSHOT 15/Sep/2006

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/4/06, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that glassfish/mail had new commits a couple of weeks ago that
> fixed some of the bugs I reported few months ago.
>
> I also saw that the java.net maven repository is publishing a build from
> 15/Sep/2006 declaring the CDDL license (previous EA was not under this
> license) and I verified that compiling the CVS version I obtained the
> same bytecode that was in the maven repository.
>
> I downloaded it, decommented all the code we previously added to
> workaround few javamail  bugs and decommented the code to support
> 8bitmime (we removed it because of javamail bugs) and everything seems
> to work fine.
>
> I also added few more tests and the result is good.
>
> So I decided to commit it and let us and our users to test it so that we
> have increased possibilities to have further problems discovered before
> javamail 1.4.1 final will be out.
>
> The main problem is that now the "next-release" depends on the release
> of 2 final libraries:
>
> dnsjava-2.0.3
> javamail-1.4.1
>
> Let's hope they won't be the showstoppers when everything else will be out.

+1, testing the libraries early is a good thing. and I don't think we
are very much faster with releasing than the library developers ;-)

  Bernd

Re: Javamail 1.4.1ea-SNAPSHOT 15/Sep/2006

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/5/06, Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> wrote:
> Bernd Fondermann schrieb:
> > On 10/4/06, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> >> The main problem is that now the "next-release" depends on the release
> >> of 2 final libraries:
> >>
> >> dnsjava-2.0.3
> >> javamail-1.4.1
> >>
> >> Let's hope they won't be the showstoppers when everything else will
> >> be out.
> >
> > +1, testing the libraries early is a good thing. and I don't think we
> > are very much faster with releasing than the library developers ;-)
> >
> >  Bernd
>
> I switched one server here to current trunk yesterday after Stefano made
> the changes. No problems yet. So maybe we now really have 8bit workin :-)

ok, I see you want it for 2.3.0... ;-)

  Bernd

Re: Javamail 1.4.1ea-SNAPSHOT 15/Sep/2006

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Bernd Fondermann schrieb:
>> ok, I see you want it for 2.3.0... ;-)
>>
>>  Bernd
>
> I want many things for 2.3.0. But i think we should be releastic ;-) So
> maybe we can put out a 2.4 which support 8bit. Anyway i can also wait
> for 3.0 or whatever version we use..
>
> bye
> Norman

We have to wait javamail 1.4.1 final, so we can skip any decision now ;-)

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.