Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2015/12/17 23:03:44 UTC

Upgrade path for upcoming releases

Hi guys,

I've noticed that CloudStack version releases are more frequent now and was wondering what version to upgrade to. I am currently running 4.5.2. Should I install the 4.6 branch or 4.7? Is there such thing as stable / testing release versions?

Thanks

Re: Upgrade path for upcoming releases

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Hi Andrei

On 12/17/2015 11:03 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
> I've noticed that CloudStack version releases are more frequent now and was wondering what version to upgrade to. I am currently running 4.5.2. Should I install the 4.6 branch or 4.7? Is there such thing as stable / testing release versions?

Every released version is "stable" per definition. However every new
major release has new code, which may have issues uncovered in testing
(like in any other software too).

We are also trying to find the best way to update and keeping cloud stable.

If we would update right now, we usually use the latest minor release
version right before the latest major version which results in 4.6.2.

Our math is: this version is currently the most stable one because it
contains less features (less code) than 4.7 but the same fixes as in 4.7.

But this my definition. You must find yours yourself :)

Regards
René