Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Scott Jones <sc...@on-sitemanager.com> on 2001/04/18 21:31:27 UTC

[C1] FOP 0.17+ integration...

Hello,

I recently got the latest code from a nightly snapshot (20010412162000), and
hooked it into my application, which up until now had been using FOP 0.15.
I wanted to start taking advantage of the compression in FOP 0.17 +...  The
good news is that FOP 0.17 now works wonderfully with my application for
Netscape, but Internet Explorer will no longer open the file directly in
line (it tries to view it as XML).  Everything can be solved by mapping the
PDF extension to Cocoon (and calling my file "blah.pdf"), and then IE
behaves correctly.  With the Cocoon 1.8.2 all I needed to do was put
&file=file.pdf at the end of my URL and IE was tricked correctly...

However, I'm wondering if there is some header that is no longer getting
added into the response, or something else that might be causing this
change?  I've played with putting in a Content-Disposition header and
Content-Type headers manually from my XSP code, but that doesn't seem to
help.

I'm setting my stylesheet dynamically, and it feels very strange to tell a
file with a .pdf extension to be formatted as HTML (and even though it works
with the version of IE (and of course, with Netscape) that I have, I'm
concerned that it may not work for everyone).  Since this was working
correctly with FOP 0.15 and Cocoon 1.8.2, does anyone have any ideas as to
what I might need to do?

Thank you!

-Scott