Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oskar Werewka <ow...@priv4.onet.pl> on 2001/03/28 15:34:32 UTC

Help :(

I will have a set of dynamically generatet pages.
Each page is a kind of form. Based on information typed
into form fields I have to choose the next page.
(check, save to database, and so on before generating content)

It is an application, and I do not know which page to generate
before checking what user has typed, it is a matter of setting
session objects and redirecting to apropriet xml. It was simple
with servlets (HttpServletResponse sendRedirect( "next page )).

Writing additional servlets on this purpose, and ther redirecting
again to cocoon is nonsens :(

Please, help me.

Best regards,
Oskar Werewka

Re: Help :(

Posted by Chris Joelly <ch...@knapp.com>.
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 06:41:01PM +0200, Oskar Werewka wrote:

> It is working :)
>
> <response:send-redirect location="http://www.joecartoon.com"/>

Hello!

i have a question to response:send-redirect:

is it possible to specify a target frame to the redirect when i
use a frameset?

thx, chris

--
KNAPP Logistics Automation  http://www.knapp.com
Ing. Christian Jölly        Tel/FAX: (++43) 316 / 495 1926 / 495 394

Re: Help :(

Posted by Oskar Werewka <ow...@priv4.onet.pl>.
It is working :)

<response:send-redirect location="http://www.joecartoon.com"/>

I have one more question: What will happen
to the DOM document, when in the middle of
it I will call this:

       response.sendRedirect(
        String.valueOf("http://www.joecartoon.com")
      );

      /*  I was trying:       response.sendRedirect(
"http://www.joecartoon.com" );   :(   */

The matter is, that in this case I do not want
any output, just a few calculations db access and redirect.

Thank you ;)

>Hi,
>
>the principles are the same in cocoon. You can use the response object
>in java (xsp) or a tag called <response:sendRedirect url=...>. But I am
>not shure about the name of that tag. Check out the xsp-sources :-)
>
>Regards
>
>Michael

Best regards,
Oskar Werewka