Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by anand <an...@teamworks.com.sg> on 2001/04/26 06:40:47 UTC

how to send automatic emails from tomcat

I have developed a web based time sheet management system.

Now I want to add a new feature whereby every week on a given day and
time, it will check for a particular condition and if it is not
satisfied, it should send out automatic mails through my SMTP server.

If anyone has any idea on this, please reply.

Thanks,
Anand.

Re: how to send automatic emails from tomcat

Posted by Frans Verhoef <fr...@travel-companion.net>.
Make an application (in java or any other language) that checks the
conditions and send the email when conditions are not met. Then
execute this application weekly on a given time, using a scheduler
or cron job. For this, the solution depends on what operating
system you use. Windows has Task Scheduler, where unix has I
think Cron Jobs.

Frans