Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/02/04 06:11:12 UTC

[compress] Which Java version to use?

Hi all,

I've just merged two changes made to the Ant zip code base -
commons-compress' great-grand-parent - into the sandbox and intend to
keep doing this as we make changes in Ant.

There is another change in Ant that may lead to a tiny performance
improvement by using JDK 1.4 collections (LinkedHashMap) instead of
Java 1.1 ones.  I'm not sure whether I can savely merge this or
whether commons-compress intends to target JVMs < 1.4.

Is there some sort of official baseline?

Stefan

Re: [compress] Which Java version to use?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Yeah, I would think it safe to say we target 1.4+. I would even
consider going 1.5+. But it doesn't really help the API much IMO.

cheers
--
Torsten

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.