Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br> on 2004/06/11 18:53:01 UTC

aliases from apache don't work using soft links

Maybe this is a little offtopic, although highly related.

I was used to use a symlink to access tomcat, so I could change the
version just changing the softlink.

Eg: /opt/tomcat points to /opt/tomcats/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/

This worked fine, but when I updated my system from 5.0.19 to 5.0.25, an
error showed up, and even changing back to 5.0.19 didn't solved.

error:

Symbolic link not allowed: /opt/tomcat

Thanks in advance

--
Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sistemas

Re: aliases from apache don't work using soft links

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.
Specifying complete URL where???
what I did was to create the symlink and run tomcat from that. Before
installing 5.0.25 it worked fine, after not, and returning to 5.0.19
didn't solve. very strange...

Now i'm using the absolute path to tomcat and running it from there, so
I have a mapping mod_jk.conf file that uses the absolute paths.

thanks anyway :P

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.
tomcat 5.0.25

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <em...@tre-sc.gov.br>.