Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@t-systems.com on 2003/06/03 14:53:26 UTC

JavaScript and text field

Hi,

I have some problems to access a text field.

I have this JSP code:

And want to access the value of the item field:

function check(){
	var inputvalue = document.all.item.value;
	alert(inputvalue);
	var inputvalue = document.forms[0].item.value;
	alert(inputvalue);
}

No of these variant runs. In an another application I have the 2 solution and it works. Are there any depedencies between struts and JS?

Juraj

Re: JavaScript and text field

Posted by Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com>.
Try the folowing:

function check(formId){
    var inputvalue = formId.item.value;
    alert(inputvalue);
    return true;
}

Regards,
Sergey Smirnov
-------------------------------------
Exadel Struts Studio - IDE for Struts
http://www.exadel.com/strutsStudio
-------------------------------------

> I have some problems to access a text field.
>
> I have this JSP code:

onsubmit="javascript:check()">

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
well, your check() function ought to return a boolean for starters.

	function check() {

		if (tests fail)
			return false;
		else
			return true;
	}

then,

	onsubmit = "return check()"

-jeff

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.
I would check the HTML source and see what the "Name" attribute for the
textfield you are trying to access is set to.