Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Williams <pe...@aurema.com> on 2004/10/11 07:01:07 UTC

Database recovery

I have a svn repository in need of recovery but when I run "svnadmin
recover PATH" I get "svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
recovery".  But when I scour the documentation I can find no help on how
this should be accomplished.  Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks
Peter
--
Dr Peter Williams, Chief Scientist                peterw@aurema.com
Aurema Pty Limited                                Tel:+61 2 9698 2322

Re: Database recovery

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Peter Williams <pe...@aurema.com> writes:
> I have a svn repository in need of recovery but when I run "svnadmin
> recover PATH" I get "svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
> recovery".  But when I scour the documentation I can find no help on
> how this should be accomplished.  Can anyone clue me in?

Please always say the version of Subversion you're using, and if you
know it, the version of Subversion with which the repository was
created.  Also, the platform/environment in which you're running, and
anything notable about the history or use of the repository.

Also, an 'ls -lR' (or Windows equivalent) of the repository would be
good, and tell use the user you're running 'svnadmin' as.

In short, please bombard us with information.

-Karl