Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sebastian Menge <s....@gmx.de> on 2006/12/14 10:06:49 UTC

TreeTable with InputComponents

Hi all.

We have a "weighted tree" in out datamodel (every node gets a certain
weight). We are struggling to edit the weight of the nodes (e.g. via a
column of dropdown boxes next to the nodes), and finally ran into this:
(using t:tree)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-116
(BTW: whats the state of this issue?)

The Tree2 seems to allow no UserData at the nodes, which we need.

The third option is the tree of ADF Faces which is said to be quite
good. Is that stable enough now? Does it work with a column of input
components?

What way would be the best? Any other creative ideas?

Thanks, Sebastian.

Re: TreeTable with InputComponents

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Tree2 handles user data in nodes just fine. I almost never use the
provided nodes from the library and implement TreeNode myself. You are
free to do whatever you want with the node at that point. Updating
with tree2 works just fine.