Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Integrin <in...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/19 12:18:27 UTC

Deleting Product from Catalog

Hi Ofbiz Users,

- It appears there is no service method available to delete a product from
catalog
- Is this by design?
- What is the recommended best practice to logically delete a product from
catalog that was created in error?
- Thanks in advance for any pointers

Regards

Re: Deleting Product from Catalog

Posted by Integrin <in...@gmail.com>.
- Good point Jacques,
- Will expire the products and keep it in the system
- Thanks all for the pointers

Regards

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Integrin <in...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for the pointers,

@Rong Nguyen, i could not find thruDate in the "Product" entity, is it by
any chance release_date? if it is any other field for expiring product
please advise

Regards

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@tcs.com>.
Dear,

=====-----=====-----=====

Posted by Rong Nguyen <ro...@olbius.com>.
Hi Integrin,

-----

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is by design, given the many dependencies. But you can expire
products.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*