Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my> on 2002/07/15 06:32:12 UTC

setenv.sh

To all Tomcat users,

In my Linux machine, it doesn't have the setenv.sh inside $TOMCAT/bin
directory. How can I set up setenv.sh inside Tomcat? Is there any online
reference site which I can refer to?

Regards,
Johnny.

Re: setenv.sh

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.
I have none in mine either (TC 4.0.4).  It seems to run fine though :-)
 Why is it needed?  ... seriously.

Re: apache + tomcat + mod_ssl

Posted by Joseph Savard <Li...@savard.us>.
On 18 Jul 2002 at 11:12, Johnny wrote:

>  Where can I find the online HOW-TO documentation for setting up SSL-capable
> Apache (apache+mod_ssl) with the mod_jk connector in Tomcat 4.0.3???

Try these sources:
http://www.apache-ssl.org/
http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

Joseph E. Savard
Principal
Applied Information Technologies, Inc.
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." - Kipling

apache + tomcat + mod_ssl

Posted by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my>.

request.X509Certificate

Posted by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my>.
 To all Tomcat user,

 I ran request.getAttributeNames() to check what is inside the "request",
and the result only showed :

 javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite  AND
 javax.servlet.request.ssl_session

 It didn't show up javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate attribute which I
wanted. How to make the javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate "alive" here?

 Johnny.

Re: setenv.sh

Posted by Henner Zeller <he...@freiheit.com>.
Hi,
> In my Linux machine, it doesn't have the setenv.sh inside $TOMCAT/bin
> directory. How can I set up setenv.sh inside Tomcat? Is there any online
> reference site which I can refer to?

You don't need to. Everything is done already in catalina.sh; so if you
call '$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh run' (or start/stop ..) all
Classpath's etc. are set up correclty. You can pass additional parameters
in the CATALINA_OPTS or JAVA_OPTS environment variables.

> Regards,
> Johnny.

ciao,
 Henner.