Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/03 15:20:18 UTC

Re: managing files

I'm replying to the User list, Rakesh, since this not a development question.

My favorite approach is to use a separate configuration for each
"story" (use-case, workflow, whatever) in the application, and one
other for global elements.

That way, in a multi-developer situation, different developers, or
pairs of developers, can each work with their own configuration file.

It's also much easier to see the "forest for the trees" this way,
since the coupled elements are kept together. It's easy to see that
this form-bean goes with this action-mapping.

Albeit, if you have much of your application logic vested in a graph
of domain objects, the XDoclet approach can be a real timesaver.

-- HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/