Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Vellosa <ve...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/11/22 13:48:36 UTC

Bad link to SVN on maven.apache.org

Hi,

I am still having a few little probelms finding out what parameters
are available to me in the maven-ejb-plugin, so thought I will have
to bit the bulelt and do the hard work of going through the code.
However the SVN links look to have moved. The ones stated on the
page:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/source-repository.html

which are like this:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-plugins/maven-ejb-plugin

are no longer working.

I hope that some one here cares ;-)

Thanks
IV

Re: Bad link to SVN on maven.apache.org

Posted by Volker Hartmann <Vo...@ipe.fzk.de>.
Hi Ian,

try this instead:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-ejb-plugin/

Regards,
  Volker

 Vellosa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am still having a few little probelms finding out what parameters
>are available to me in the maven-ejb-plugin, so thought I will have
>to bit the bulelt and do the hard work of going through the code.
>However the SVN links look to have moved. The ones stated on the
>page:
>

>http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/source-repository.html
>
>which are like this:
>

>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-plugins/maven-ejb-plugin
>
>are no longer working.
>
>I hope that some one here cares ;-)
>
>Thanks
>IV

 |                   Volker Hartmann
_|____________________________________________________________________
 ######   FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM KARLSRUHE in der Helmholtz-Gesellschaft
 #        Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
 #
_|____________________________________________________________________
 ######   P.O. Box 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, GERMANY
 #        phone: +49 7247 82-6033
 #        fax:   +49 7247 82-3560

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

> It's not the same issue. The docs for the m2 plugins have not been
> updated to reflect the SVN move, which is what was referred to.

You're right, sorry about the mix-up.

But it just underscores the point even more - not only our users are
confused by all the ancient documentation sites that are still floating
around ... ;)

-Lukas

Re: Bad link to SVN on maven.apache.org

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/05, Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> You are accessing a deprecated page, the whole m1 site has moved to
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/
>
> the page that you want is here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/ejb/cvs-usage.html

It's not the same issue. The docs for the m2 plugins have not been
updated to reflect the SVN move, which is what was referred to.

> Unfortunately it seems it is only considered of minor importance by the
> responsible people...

I'm not sure who you mean are the "responsible people". You are a
committer too :)

It will take some time and there are plenty of things on the list. If
anyone has spare time to volunteer, I'll happily apply the changes.

What we need:
- a list of files to remove
- (preferably) a list of URLs to redirect old files to when the same
document moved to a new place, or a document was rewritten. There are
some in particular that are linked in a lot of places externally that
we can redirect.

I will put a recursive directory listing in the issue you mentioned to
facilitate this, but I don't have time to go through it in detail.

I will put a .htaccess file in redirecting /reference/ to
/maven-1.x/reference/ now.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Bad link to SVN on maven.apache.org

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Hi Ian,

You are accessing a deprecated page, the whole m1 site has moved to

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/

the page that you want is here:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/ejb/cvs-usage.html

> I hope that some one here cares ;-)

I am sure a lot of people care, there is an issue open here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1496
you can vote for it if you think it is important to resolve.