Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Guillaume Lasnier <gu...@sungard.com> on 2006/07/28 18:07:59 UTC

RE: Contributing EJB sampler

	Hi,
I have just faxed the CCLA to the Apache Foundation and I am ready to
contribute the Session Sampler to the project. There are also a few
enhancements and bug fixes, some of which I have already submited through
Bugzilla, that are needed to have the whole work.

Let me present the Sampler in a few word. The sampler is designed as a
protocol extension much like HTTP or JDBC.It allows Seamless invocation of
Session Beans following the EJB 2.1 specification. It is composed of the
following components
	- Session Bean Configuration : It is a configuration element that
contains all necessary information to handle JNDI lookup/create Session Bean
protocol plumbing.
	- Session Bean Sampler EJB Home and Remote interfaces are discovered
from the classath. Session bean method invocation uses standard Java
reflection APIs. Method parameters are defined by an extensible mechanism. A
standard implementation allows preparation of parameter objects in a Bean
Shell sampler.
The GUI components that alllow to edit those controls is based on the
existing testbeans mechanism. A custom editor has been introduced to allow
selecting the session bean interface and method.

I am looking forward to having some feed back from the community and sharing
my contribution with all of you.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the generous contributions.  please go ahead and file bugzillas
and attach the patch

peter