Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Lothar Krenzien <lk...@web.de> on 2006/01/10 18:07:11 UTC

running junit from ant

Hi,

When I run a JUnit test suite from ant I would like to see at least the result of the tests. At the moment only errors are logged. When the tests have succeeded no output is generated !?  Here's my target :

<target name="test" depends="compile">
         <junit printsummary="withOutAndErr" haltonfailure="yes" showoutput="yes">
         <classpath refid="class.path" />

        <formatter type="brief"/>

       <batchtest todir="${bin.dir}">
	     <fileset file="<path_to_test_class>/AllImportTests"/>
  	</batchtest>
       </junit>
</target>

Even when I use 'formatter usefile="true"' no file is generated.

Thanks, Lothar

Re: running junit from ant

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Lothar Krenzien <lk...@web.de> wrote:

> When I run a JUnit test suite from ant I would like to see at least
> the result of the tests. At the moment only errors are logged.

That's what the brief formatter does.  But you should be getting the
summary given your task.

It sounds as if you wanted to use the plain formatter instead of the
brief one.

Stefan