Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Holger Danske <ho...@yahoo.de> on 2001/10/23 08:12:53 UTC

Generate static HTML with Cocoon

Hello Cocoon-User.

We want to use Cocoon to generate static HTML.

Bachground:
Our customer don't want to work with Cocoon, but we
want. So we want to use Cocoon for our work and
generate the HTML for the customer.

Is there an possibiltity to do that with Cocoon.

TIA

JD

Re: Generate static HTML with Cocoon

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@rabellino.it>.
> We want to use Cocoon to generate static HTML.

Cocoon can do offline generation too by running it in CLI mode
(org.apache.cocoon.Main). If you check out a fresh CVS the build system
uses Cocoon to generate its own documentation: this can be used as a
starting point for you.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: Generate static HTML with Cocoon

Posted by Cyril Cambien <cc...@ivision.fr>.
You can use Cocoon command line interface.

   -uINFO -f<list.uris>

sourcepath : where your cocoon files are, with the sitemap and so on
resultpath : where tour HTML files go
tmppath    : a directory for tmp files
logfilename : the log file
list.uris : a file containing the list of URI your want to build using Cocoon

AW: Generate static HTML with Cocoon

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
The problem of those web spiders is using of dynamic links (e.g. via
JavaScript or Flash).

I'm currently developing a little tool on top of Cocoon which generates
static content via a mapping xml file. There you can define all of your urls
and their dependencies to xml and xsl files. So if you change an xsl file
the tool downloads only that urls which could have changed. Aftre that it
can upload the newest files.

I want to support ftp and WebDAV. But the project just startet yesterday ;)

JOERN_HEID

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
In one of my projects I used a web spider (OfflineExplorer) to get a static
copy of my webserver.

Second possibility: Write your own transformer (or serializer) which saves
the output to a file.

There might be more. Hope this helps.

JOERN_HEID

We want to use Cocoon to generate static HTML.

Bachground:
Our customer don't want to work with Cocoon, but we
want. So we want to use Cocoon for our work and
generate the HTML for the customer.

Is there an possibiltity to do that with Cocoon.

TIA

JD

Es ist soweit: das Nokia Game beginnt. Sei bereit für das multimediale
Abenteuer. Melde dich bis zum 3. November bei
http://de.promotions.yahoo.com/info/nokiagame an!